Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Trivia #5 : Greatest Ad Ever


I am a television commercial.

The broadcast of me is considered a watershed event and I am considered a masterpiece in advertising. The above picture is a screen-shot of mine.

I was directed by Ridley Scott, an universally acclaimed director of the movie Gladiator in 1983 with a budget of $900,000.

Surprisingly, the board of directors of the company whose product I were to introduce were not impressed. But the co-founders of that company were so enthusiastic that they were even ready to fund my broadcast out of their personal money, if the board refuses.

The only daytime televised broadcast of me was on 22, January 1984 during the third quarter of Super Bowl XVIII, the most watched TV program in America.

One funny thing is that after my broadcast which amazed millions of people, I was instrumental in getting millions worth of free publicity for the product I introduced as news programs rebroadcast me as a news item the same night.

One more thing which adds to my aura is that though I am considered to be one of the greatest ads ever I was not rebroadcast after that single super-bowl broadcast.

The facts about me are over. Now it is time for the clues.

I was created to introduce a product which is very famous today. I am damn sure that u know the product which i introduced and the company which makes that product. That same company is also well known for a different product now.

In the above screen-shot, if you look carefully you will notice a picture on that woman's tank top. That is nothing but a picture of the product i introduced.

Ok, let me give you this, the product which I introduced is related to the field of computers.

Just name the product which i introduced or the company that makes that product.

1 comment:

  1. The product which i introduced is the Macintosh PC. Ofcourse u would be knowing that it is one of Apple's product. My name is 1984.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_(television_commercial)

    ReplyDelete