Thursday, March 12, 2009

Trivia #3 : Wife of Two Presidents


I served as the Minister for Education and Culture of my country in 1975.

In the same year, I married the President of my country.

The woman in the above picture is me and the man in the military fatigue is my husband.

My husband died in a plane crash in 1986.

Then I re-married an ex-president of the neighboring country on his 80th birthday in 1988.

The funny thing is while he was my second husband, I was his third wife.

I am credited to be the only woman to have married Presidents of two different countries.

I was the one put incharge by the United Nations to prepare a Report on the Impact of Armed Conflict on Children, for which I received worldwide acclaim.

I am a recipient of the Nansen Medal given by United Nations and the North-South Prize.

I am not a famous personality. But my second husband is a legendary statesman who is world famous.

Tell me who my second husband is.

1 comment:

  1. My second husband is Nelson Mandela.
    I am Graca Machel
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graca_Machel

    ReplyDelete