Monday, March 9, 2009

Trivia #2 : Longest standing ovation in Oscar history


I am a legendary actor.

I was given the first ever Academy Honorary Award since the academy felt that I was above competition and removed my nominations from competitive classes.

Ironically I had a disdain for the Academy Awards and invoked the ire of the Academy in the 1930s by jokingly using my 1929 Oscar as a doorstop.

But in spite of that I was given a second Academy Honorary Award in 1971 for 'the incalculable effect I had in making motion pictures the art form of this century'. The standing ovation, which was given to me by the audience while receiving this award went on for a full five minutes and is the longest in Oscar history. The picture on the left was taken on this occasion.

The only competitive Oscar which I won was in 1972 for the Best Music, Original Dramatic Score.

I am sure I am well known to you. Beware! The above photo is misleading as I am famous with a different visage.

Now I think it is time for u to tell me Who I Am ?

1 comment: